Applecraft aims to create a fun and safe environment for all of our players. Contact a Staff Member to ask questions or to report a player.
Basic Server Rules
These are the main server rules, listed in-game in /rules.
1. No spamming, advertising, or links in chat.
2. Griefing and raiding, even unclaimed land, is not permitted.
3. Hacks, xray, and duping are not permitted.
4. No racism, hate speech, harassment, or excessive swearing.
5. Respect other players and staff.
6. No scamming in trades. No gambling or casinos.
7. TP killing is not allowed. PVP is permitted in unclaimed land.
8. If a staff member asks you to end a conversation, end it.
9. English only in main chat. Use /msg or /l to speak other languages.
10. Do not claim within 100 blocks of someone else without permission.
All Server Rules
If a player is bothering you, using the /vignore command in-game will block private messages you receive from them. If you are being bothered otherwise, contact a staff member for assistance.
- Bypassing, or attempting to bypass, any rule or punishment is not allowed, including:
1.1 Manipulating the wording of a rule to bypass it.
1.2 Using additional accounts or other means to avoid a punishment.
1.2.1 If you were banned for an inappropriate name, you can play on another account.
1.3 We can't list every possible wrongdoing in our rules. Your actions may still remain at the staff team's discretion.
2. Objectionable content and actions that harm others are not allowed. Examples of this include:
2.1 Discrimination of any kind.
2.2 Discussions of harmful or violent behavior, such as rape, suicide, and encouraging drug use.
2.3 Harassment, defined by Webster's Dictionary as, "to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct."
2.4 Strongly cursing at other players with the intent to harm them.
3. Inappropriate, political, and religious content is not allowed, such as:
3.1 Pornographic and 18+ clubs, builds, or other content.
3.2 Mapart and books generally follow a PG-13 standard.
3.3 Political content depicts modern political figures, campaigns, elections, and derogatory viewpoints.
3.4 Overtly sexual material, such as discussing sexual experiences, desire to perform a sexual act, and requesting pictures.
3.5 This content is limited everywhere, such as but not limited to, your name, skin, chat, and any builds or items.
4. No spamming or flooding chat, including:
4.1 Repeated teleport requests.
4.2 Excessive caps lock: approximately one line of caps is allowed, although multiple lines, messages, or an overall excessive amount of caps is not.
4.3 Repeated personal advertisements: shop ads, event ads, item requests, price checks, stream ads, etc. can be sent, although they must completely disappear from chat before they could be sent again.
4.4 No links in chat, except for links to our website and Twitch streamers playing Applecraft.
4.5 Excessive swearing: cursing is allowed, although intentionally using many in a sentence or multiple messages is not.
5. Sharing account information or personal, identifiable information (doxxing) of yourself or another player is not allowed.
6. Additional chat rules:
6.1 Discussions causing or intended to cause trouble are not allowed. If an argument is happening in chat, you may be asked to end it.
6.2 Encouraging other players to violate rules is not allowed.
6.3 Staff impersonation, claiming to be a staff member or changing your name to resemble a staff member's name, is not allowed.
6.4 Violating a chat rule and logging off is not allowed.
6.5 Advertising or discussing other servers/realms is not allowed.
6.5.1 Exception: Hypixel, Mineplex, 2B2T, and Hermitcraft are exempt from this rule. However, sending their server IP is not allowed.
6.6 English is the only language allowed in global chat.
6.6.1 Exception: Use private messaging or local chat, except for at spawn or a server event/location, to speak other languages.
6.7 Third-party fonts are not allowed.
6.7.1 Exception: Displaying items with custom names is allowed as long as it is not used to talk and bypass this rule.
7. Don't take advantage of bugs/exploits.
7.1 Using, or attempting to use, any bugs or exploits is not allowed. This includes bugs from vanilla, server items/rares, plugins, etc.
7.2 Duplicating anything, including tnt, is not allowed.
7.3 Any item with enchants it shouldn’t have may be removed.
8. Don't cheat or use hacks, such as:
8.1 X-ray, including any third-party ways to assist in mining or finding ores.
8.2 Speed hacks.
8.3 Fly hacks.
8.4 Minimap mods that show anything invisible to you. Radar mods/maps are not allowed.
8.5 PVP hacks (including but not limited to: Kill Aura, Auto-click for PVP, Anti Knockback).
8.5.1 Autoclickers are allowed but not in PVP.
8.6 Clients or mods that violate any of our rules are not allowed. Some pre-approved allowed clients/mods include: Optifine, Badlion, shaders, brightness/gamma mods, Litematica.
9.1 Lag Rules - Blue/Purple/Red Worlds:
9.1.1 Any builds or having anything intended to cause lag is not allowed. Anything causing lag may be removed by the staff team.
9.1.2 Entity cramming is not allowed.
9.1.3 Item frames: 800 per base/area. Mapart museums may receive special exemption.
9.1.4 Armor stands: limit 10 per chunk.
9.1.5 Mobs: limit 13-15 per chunk (mobs will not spawn after this).
9.1.6 Hoppers: limit 40 per chunk.
9.1.7 Pistons: limit 40 per chunk.
9.1.8 Observers: limit 40 per chunk.
9.1.9 Redstone Repeaters: limit 45 per chunk.
9.1.10 Large cobblestone generators are banned due to constant piston updates. All cobblestone generators are to be one module (1x5) max.
9.1.11 Lava casts are not allowed anywhere on the server.
9.1.12 Chunk loaders are not allowed.
9.1.13 Portal farms are disabled/not allowed, except for shulker farms.
9.2 Lag Rules - Green World:
9.2.1 Any builds or having anything intended to cause lag is not allowed. Anything causing lag may be removed by the staff team.
9.2.2 Entity cramming is not allowed.
9.2.3 Item frames: 800 per base/area. Mapart museums may receive special exemption.
9.2.4 Armor stands: limit 10 per chunk.
9.2.5 Mobs: limit 13-15 per chunk (mobs will not spawn after this).
9.2.6 Hoppers: limit 20 per chunk.
9.2.7 Pistons: limit 20 per chunk.
9.2.8 Observers: limit 20 per chunk.
9.2.9 Redstone Repeaters: limit 20 per chunk.
9.2.10 Autosorters, or any sorting system using redstone mechanics, are limited to 2 modules max, meaning you can sort up to 2 chests in a system. You cannot sort more than 2 chests in the entire area you are in, even if you have multiple farms or bases.
9.2.11 Large cobblestone generators are banned due to constant piston updates. All cobblestone generators are to be one module (1x5) max.
9.2.12 Lava casts are not allowed anywhere on the server.
9.2.13 Chunk loaders are not allowed.
9.2.14 Portal farms are disabled/not allowed, except for shulker farms.
10. Additional server rules:
10.1 Using fireworks, large disguises, sounds, and spamming arrows are not allowed in spawn or public events or areas.
10.2 Donation chargebacks are not allowed. Please contact DrApplebranch with server store issues.
10.3 Newbie-ranked players who spam or have 3 or more rule violations may be banned.
11. Economy rules:
11.1 Gambling and pay-to-enter events/games is not allowed, including but not limited to: Casinos, bets, mystery boxes, anything pay-to-enter* (see 11.1.1)
11.1.1 Pay-to-enter events are not allowed if the outcome is uncertain. However, specific events/locations may be allowed, such as pay-for-access spawners or other builds where the outcome is clear what you are getting. If you need help with this, ask a staff member.
11.2 Banks, investing, interest payments, and other systems involving storing anything for other players is not allowed.
11.2A We recommend if you loan something to a player, such as a set of tools, that you take screenshots/video of the trade and agreement. In case the trade is not followed later on, our staff team will need evidence of the trade, excluding chat logs. Please note that we do not encourage long-term trades.
11.3 You may use a maximum of 3 accounts per world for voting, completing events, or claiming any type of reward for something. There is no alt limit for playing/farms unless it becomes excessive, such as contributing to lag.
11.4 Copying or reselling other player’s mapart, books, banners, or other original work without permission is not allowed.
11.5 Misleading any staff into refunding or recovering broken, lost, or stolen items that were not actually broken, lost, or stolen is not allowed.
12. Trading Rules. All trades are protected; all players involved in a trade should clearly understand and accept the offer.
12.1 No scamming in trades.
12.1.1 A trade scam is when a player (or players working together) misleads, lies, or does not deliver on an agreed deal with another player for goods or services. If a trade is started, it must be completed.
12.1.2 Trading fake items (ex: selling a fake crate key) is considered a scam.
12.1.3 Killing another player before, during, or within minutes after trading is not allowed.
12.1.4 Lowballing is allowed.
12.1.5 Refunds do not have to be given out if a trade was successfully completed and was not a scam.
12.1.6 If a trade is started, it must be completed or reversed if the trade cannot be completed. Failure to finish a trade after it has started is a scam. If a trade is canceled before anything is exchanged, even if an agreement is set, this is not a scam.
12.2 Third party deals, receiving/giving anything outside of Applecraft for something inside of Applecraft, is not allowed.
12.2.1 Exception: Trades for skins and texture packs are allowed.
12.3 Extortion or blackmail for real life or server goods/services is not allowed
12.4 Items purchased from a shop donation bin, storage, or display will result in the trade being reversed at the shop owner's discretion.
12.5 We recommend screenshotting trade deals in-game, this is the best way to send proof of a trade to a staff member in case of an issue. Chat logs cannot be used.
12.6 We do not recommend long-term trades, as the staff team cannot always find evidence or the traded items after awhile.
13. Griefing/Raiding/Stealing/Killing anything that does not belong to you is not allowed, including unclaimed areas. Your land is completely protected.
13.1 Including in spawn, the main end island, pvp arenas, shops world, and other server-owned areas. These are safe zones.
13.2 Stealing from a claim you’re trusted on without permission is not allowed.
13.3 Stealing items in the shop world is not allowed.
13.3.1 In shops, you may only take from containers marked as free item containers.
13.4 Claiming another player's belongings is not allowed.
13.5 If you share a base with another player or have claimed a town, you cannot leave a player's belongings unprotected.
14. PVP Rules:
14.1 PVP is permitted in unclaimed and titan pvp flagged areas.
14.1.1 Pushing players out of safe zones, including spawn, claims, shops, etc. into damage-enabled areas is not allowed.
14.2 TP killing/trapping, or attempting to, is not allowed. In addition, trapping players is not allowed.
14.2.1 Using sethomes or other means of teleportation to kill somebody is considered tp killing.
14.3 Killing players, animals, or pets in claims is not allowed.
15. Respect Others' Claims. You have the right to your land, and don't bother other players on their land.
15.1 Do not claim or build within 100 blocks or range of another player/player claim. If land is claimed, build away from the edge of the player's claim. If land is unclaimed, build away from the other player's build.
15.1.1 Claims or builds intended to block a player or troll may be removed.
15.1.2 If players agree to live near each other, this rule cannot be enforced. We recommend screenshotting agreements for evidence.
15.2 If a player asks you to leave their claim/area, you need to leave. Sethomes in or around a claim may be removed upon request.
15.2.1 If you’re asked to leave, you must move at least 100 blocks away or out of range from the claim and not use local chat or sethome.
15.2.2 Failure to leave will result in consequences and you may be sent to spawn by a staff member.
15.3 Do not cross the world border.
15.4 Anybody can make a town. The town mayor may create and enforce their own rules, while all the server rules remain enforced by Applecraft staff. To avoid issues, residents should agree to the town's rules prior to moving in. Town rule disputes should be handled between the town mayor and residents.
15.4.1 Town mayors must provide evicted residents their belongings. We recommend towns create an area where evicted residents can pick up their belongings at any time.
Shop Plot Rules
1. You can start selling in a shop plot or open your own shop starting at 18 votes, Settler rank, or any donator rank. Titan rank is required to sell in a Titan plot.
2. All server rules, especially scamming/trade/economy rules, apply to shops: scamming, scam chests, scam items, and stealing is not allowed. Reselling other players' banners, mapart, books, or other original work without permission is not allowed.
3. Building above the barrier block height limit is not allowed.
4. Joke/Empty shop builds are not allowed. Shops must sell at least one item at a reasonable price within 7 days of the plot being claimed to avoid being reset.
5. Saplings and other plants that expand may not be placed anywhere, unless they are in a spot where they cannot expand.
6. A plot being used for farming is not allowed. Note: crops could be farmed by anybody on a plot.
7. Animals, active beacons, and active jukeboxes are not allowed.
8. Redstone and pistons are not allowed, except for a simple redstone door.
8.1. A redstone lamp activated with a daylight sensor, redstone block, lever, or button is allowed.
8.2. Hoppers leading to donation bins (max 2 hoppers) and services (i.e. drop a paper in the hopper for x service) is allowed (max 2 hoppers per service)
9. Block Limits:
- Item frames (standard plots): 25, including glow item frames.
- Item frames (Titan plots): 35, including glow item frames.
- Glow Item Frames: 10
- Glow Signs: 10
10. Plots may be reset after 30 days of plot inactivity. The timer resets when the plot owner opens a chest in the plot.
11. If you are going away and do not want your plot reset, place a sign on top of the barrier blocks of your plot saying so. Plots may be held for up to 60 days.
12. You may only sell items in one plot. Having a shop/shop chests outside of your official shop plot is not allowed. Alt accounts may not claim shop plots.
13. Titan flags may not be set in shop plots.
Information Regarding Refunds
If somebody accidentally buys something from you, you are not responsible for refunding them. However, you may do so if you would like to.
1. No objectionable content or actions that harm others, such as any kind of discrimination, discussions of harmful or violent behavior, or harassment.
2. Inappropriate, political, and religious content is not allowed.
3. Don't play offensive/inappropriate songs, anything pornographic, or songs which use language that isn't permitted in chat on Applecraft.
4. No advertising other Minecraft or Discord servers, including unsolicited direct messages.
5. No spamming.
6. Sharing account or personal, identifiable information (doxxing) of yourself or another player is not allowed.
7. Discussions causing or intended to cause trouble are not allowed.
8. No staff impersonation.
9. English is the only language allowed.
10. Your nickname must be similar to your Minecraft in-game name (you can change your nickname just for this server!)
11. We can't list every possible wrongdoing here. Your actions may still remain at the staff team's discretion.
We want to keep a fun and safe environment for everyone. If you need to report a player, please screenshot or record content and send it to a staff member.
Bans can be appealed in our Discord server. For Discord bans, contact a staff member directly.
The Fine Print
By playing Applecraft, you agree to follow all of the rules. Applecraft reserves the right to change the rules at any time, we provide a changelog on this page. Our staff team follows specific, consistent instructions when issuing a punishment to a player. No players are exempt from the rules. In cases of repeated, abnormal, or serious offenses, the staff team may issue a longer punishment, including a permanent ban, especially if we are concerned about the safety or well being of another player. You are responsible for your account and the accounts you play on. If someone plays on an account you use, whether its a friend or public account, you can still end up with a punishment if that shared account gets punished.
-Updated the Discord rules. April 20, 2023
-Noted 11.1.1. May 8, 2023
-Updated the shop rules. May 16, 2023